Moving with the times
It is fair to say at Matthew James Global Relocations, continuous improvement is at the heart of everything we do.
We are constantly seeking out innovative solutions to any problems we encounter and we never rest on our laurels.
When we started the business over two decades ago, all inventories and paperwork were handwritten and very labour intensive. Obviously, when there was the potential for human error and things went wrong on occasion.
Jump forward a decade and we began using bespoke printed labels to identify your precious possessions. While these have been entirely successful, we find ourselves once again pushing the boundaries and now, more than twenty years on, we have developed a new scanning system that will springboard us into the twenty first century.
Our new barcoding system is fully aligned to our warehouse and will operate with the use of scanners, using QR codes.
How does this work?
- All of our crews will be equipped with a state of the art scanning device.
- When we collect your items, each item or box will be inputted and a coded label produced, which contains information unique to you.
- This information will then be uploaded onto the system.
- Every time your consignment is moved, it will be scanned, and the information updated accordingly. This may result in four or five scans during the lifetime of the move.
What does this mean for you?
- We will have full knowledge of the location of all items at any given time at the press of a button, which will allow you total peace of mind that your possessions are in safe hands and well looked after.
- We will have the option to print out the detailed inventory at any point, which is exceptionally useful for your own records or international moves.
- This inventory can also be used by the receiving company in the destination country if they do not have the technological capability that we possess.
- The system will also enable us to record the condition of your possessions if required, as it has the capability to take photographs, which are then saved against the relevant item.
At Matthew James Global Relocations, we never forego quality or standards and you are assured of the highest levels of both at every turn.
If you are looking for a company that makes this sort of investment to ensure that your treasures are safeguarded, please give us a call.