Matthew James Global Relocations response to COVID-19
At Matthew James Global Relocations Limited, we are working exceptionally hard to ensure three things are always at the forefront of everything we do.
Firstly, we need to ensure that our employees are working in an environment with a critical focus on health and safety. Secondly, we need to be aware of, and meet, our clients’ timelines and requirements and lastly, we need to ensure that we follow all requisite guidelines and recommendations issued by the government and other relevant authorities.
It is fundamentally important to us that you, the client, are aware that we take all of our responsibilities extremely seriously and that we are doing all that we can to mitigate the risks that invariably accompany working during a pandemic such as the one we are currently facing.
To provide you with the reassurance that you will quite rightly seek in these challenging times, we have provided the following overview of what we are doing as a business to safeguard all and to ensure we are working to the latest guidelines.
Please read through the following carefully, as it contains actions that we require you to observe during the move process. Your assistance in this will be greatly appreciated.
We have advised everyone to be meticulous with cleanliness and specifically handwashing – both at home and at the office.
Our crews work in the same, small teams, whenever possible, ensuring that we reduce the risk of contamination due to exposure with multiple persons.
We have asked employees who have shown symptoms or have interacted with someone else who has, to self-isolate for 14 days or as advised by government guidelines.
We have facilities to test the temperature of our employees. Anyone with a temperature in excess of 100.4° Fahrenheit will be sent home and asked to self-isolate for the requisite period.
Our employees complete a health questionnaire at the start of every shift, in order that we can monitor the risk of their exposure, in order to protect the wider workforce and our clients.
We use virtual surveys to ascertain your move requirements, as opposed to attending your premises. In cases where this is not possible, our surveyors are equipped with masks, gloves and anti-bacterial gel.
All of our crew members are equipped with masks, gloves and sanitiser, to add to your peace of mind.
On the day of your move:
- A foreman will be identified for the job and introduce himself to you. It is requested that any requests or instructions that you may have are delivered to him, and he will in turn ensure they are communicated to the crew.
- Please ensure all pets are secured and are not permitted to roam freely.
- Wherever possible, individuals in a high-risk category, vulnerable people and young children/babies should not be present during the move. Where this is not possible, please make sure that they are in a separate area to our crew members at all times. The foreman should be kept aware of their location, to ensure that any exposure is mitigated.
- It would be greatly appreciated if you are able to provide a room for our crews to wash their hands for the duration of the move.
- Whilst it is not always possible for our crews to maintain a two-metre distance, please ensure that you observe the distance at all times when interacting with our crew.
We have created policies and training for all our crew members to ensure they are fully aware of the expectations on them and the issues they need to be aware of.
We have produced a detailed company risk assessment.
We clean the cabs of all our vehicles, all handles and keys with anti-bacterial spray daily.
Where possible, our employees are working from home. Where this is not possible, we are observing strict compliance with government guidelines on safe working practices
We are providing briefings to all staff, on any developments to procedures or working practices.
We are also here to answer any questions or concerns that you may have and to provide you with any reassurance that you may seek. Please call your move manager to discuss any issues and they will be only too happy to assist.