Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 04356608 and whose registered address is:
Unit 10 Masthead Capstan Court, Crossways Business Park, Dartford, Kent, England, DA2 6QG
We make it an absolute priority to maintain the security of your data and your right to privacy at Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited.
We will always handle your personal data legally and fairly at all times and we will be completely transparent about what data we collect on you and what we do with it.
This policy provides you with details about:
- what personal data we collect;
- how we use your personal data;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained
- your legal rights about your personal data.
The personal data collected
Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited may collect the following information about you:
- name, age, date of birth and gender;
- contact details: billing, home and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address/es;
- your on-line activities on our website;
- password (if applicable);
- payment card details when you book a removal/storage with us;
- communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- jobs you have booked;
- your correspondence and communications with us; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to our sales team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
Our website is plainly not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children via our website.
How we use your data
Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- to provide services for you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, website service providers, accountants.
Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years.
How we protect your data
Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
- encryption of data;
- security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;;
- security controls which protect our entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Legal basis for using your data
Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited collects and uses personal data because is it necessary for:
- the interest of our legitimate interests;
- complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the services to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
How do I change my cookie settings?
The majority of web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
If you have any questions about how Matthew James Removals and Storage Limited uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information, including contact details, is available at ico.org.uk